Saturday, August 6, 2011

LSE and High Holborn

I have a ton of pictures of London to post, but I thought I'd put up a couple of the LSE campus and where I'm staying first.  I didn't actually walk through campus to take pictures, but these from the edge should give a pretty good idea of what its like.

The first picture is not actually on campus but is one of the entrances to an auxilary building and the nicest LSE dorm.  The second picture is one of the LSE theaters on the left, an unused building on the right, and The Economists Bookshop in front.  The third shows one of the main thoroughfares through campus with the Student Union, a couple places to eat, and most of the academic buildings.  The bikes are one of the fixtures of town.  Rental is super cheap and people take them everywhere.




Below is a picture of LSE's main office, although the building also plays host to a large number of classes.  I also included a picture of the edge of another LSE building and one of the side entrances to campus because of its unique location.  To the right of the picture is the courtyard of the rather impressive and very secure Royal Courts of Justice.



My last photo is of the view from my dorm.  I may not have the most stunning apartment, but I am lucky to be in the back of the building rather than off the busy main road.  The dorm has actually been perfect for what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment